The Rising Star Programme, operated by BlackBark Productions,
has been established for the purposes of recognising, celebrating and connecting young talented people who have a capacity for achievement and success and who contribute in an inspirational manner to the future of our nation. The qualities that elevate Rising Stars to the top go beyond performance and technical excellence. Rising Stars are polished, brilliant individuals with tremendous promise and great talent who excel for reasons that go far beyond their technical abilities alone. Talented people make things happen, are highly committed to achieving goals, innovate very rapidly, and create a great deal of value (for companies and/or themselves) when their talent is spotted and harnessed.
The Programme aims to be a significant and sustainable vehicle through which organisations, our country and our continent can identify and nurture these “organisational and national assets” who are set to play a key role in shaping the future of our country and our continent. Using a new and innovative approach, the Rising Star Programme is establishing a living community of young South African talent that will be developed, mentored and provided with platforms for development and communication, therefore enabling them to become role models, opinion leaders and the inspiration for other future South African Talent.
- Raise awareness of the breadth and depth of talent in the 28-40 year age bracket
- Create opportunities for young talented individuals to grow, connect and give back
- Bring the leading organisations of South Africa together to raise talent on the national agenda
- Provide inter-connected, interactive group driven social and growth platforms for young talented individuals
- Grow the stature of the Rising Star Awards, Summit and associated ventures to be the most recognised national initiative focusing on young talented individuals